Monday, June 13, 2011

Spring break flash forward to Summer?

So I apologize for it appears my blog has been barren for the past few months...

I basically feel that simply describes how life for the past 2.5 months have been. A blur. So much has been going on since my last post so allow me to attempt to summarize the past couple months in brief:


April: 

 Will's 20th Birthday and the epic hamburger cake.



Parent Weekend in Aggieland and the Maroon and White game.



Ring Dunks...
And more Ring Dunks...
which only make me more nervous about my own...






May: 

Along with the notorious stress of finals brought amazing concerts to Aggieland! 

Such as Josh Abbot Band...

And Eli Young Band!!




 Em had her first Belle Spring Show and did AWESOME!





And her Kim West dance recital in the same crazy-busy weekend. 






June:

And now up to date! I've started summer classes (Statistics and Texas history) which have taken over my life. My short break home was enjoyable, and now i'm busy hitting the books again. It's crazy to think it's my last hardcore semester though. Next semester will be senior methods and then student teaching in the spring! So nervous. And man, time sure is flying by. Here's a great reminder of that: 

  My little "brother" graduated! 


...and I am sooo proud of him! ;) 


...and so excited to take on Aggieland together with him next year! 



Well that's about it for the most part. Another thing that I have come to realize is so important and that has been my main focus is family. I am so blessed with such a great family who are all my biggest supporters in all that I do. I am so proud of the young beautiful ladies my sisters are blossoming into. I'm so proud of Jordan and the handsome young man he is becoming, and all else that he is determined to accomplish. And my cousin Chelsey whom has decided she wants to become a teacher. Being the oldest grandchild definitely has it's responsibilities, but also has the rare opportunity to set the high standards for the others to follow and be a person whom they can look up to and admire. I'm so grateful that God has blessed me with the responsibility to be a leader and role model for my family. 

P.S. I know I never got the chance to meet my grandfather "Sonny" but I know he's proud of us all. [Hint: Tree]

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment